Tuesday, March 30, 2010

RAWview....Goodbye Shawn.

I was gonna write up a RAWview. But nothing of great importance happened, with of course the exception of Shawn "The Heartbreak Kid" Michaels giving his farewell address to the WWE. So, instead of the RAWview. Tonight I share my most memorable moments of HBK.



- The first big one is when I was in elementary school. I got strep throat and rented Wrestlemania 10 on VHS. At the time Razor Ramon (Scott Hall) was one of my favorites, seeing him and Shawn put on the first ladder match I ever saw was amazing. I was nine years old and must have watched that match upwards of ten times in a row just cause it was so awesome.

- One of the first big promos I can recall is the infamous "lost my smile" speech from RAW in the mid 90's. Albeit I know now it was for stupid reasons when I was younger it was weird for me to see the guys I had been looking up to show emotion like that.

- Seeing Shawn at two pay per view events in person was great. The shows were mainly throwaways over all, but I still remember both of his appearances well. Backlash 2006: Shane and Vince v. Shawn and "God" literally running back to my seat as soon as his entrance music hit. Cyber Sunday 2006: DX v. RatedRKO DX was super over in Cincy.

- 2007 when HBK had been gone all summer and Orton had just gotten the belt when Cena was injured and Triple H had been severely beaten. Orton left the ring to go find HHH when Shawn's theme hit and he made his return to RAW.

- Wrestlemania 24, 25, and 26: Three of the greatest matches I have ever seen, all featuring three of the greatest of all time. The end of Ric Flair (so we thought). Shawn v. Taker 1.... And HBK's final match again.... against the Undertaker. These three matches all told great stories and Shawn couldn't have ended his career in a better match.

- The speech Shawn gave to close RAW was genuine and heartfelt. They differed from the locker room pouring out to just having the Undertake come out and tip has hat to him before the speech. Then to close the show they had HHH meet him on the ramp after the hugged HHH put two DX glowsticks on the ramp and left and gave Shawn his moment that he deserved.....

Normal format will be back next week. Til then...

Enjoy,

Suss

No comments:

Post a Comment